Film and TV production is a fast paced, high intensity industry. While your priority is your media project, ours is to ensure you’re on track.
Our accounting services understand that the process of budgeting and financing a project are interrelated. We can help you obtain your Producer’s Offset, prepare your cashflow and ensure you comply with all legislation requirements.
Above The Line Accounting is a Registered ASIC Agent (36733) and can assist with all production budget accounting.
Assistance with the Preparation of Provisional and Final Producer Offset Certificates
- The Producer Offset is a refundable tax amount available for Australian feature movies. It amounts to 40% of the Qualifying Australian Production Expenditure (QAPE) for feature movies, and 20% for other projects.
- We assist with your application for the Final Certificate, upon project finalisation. Our production accounting team will also assist with all tax associated with the Producer Offset.
Preparation of the Budget and Cash Flow Forecasting
- Above The Line Accounting work with Screen Australia’s A-Z budget program; the industry standard.
- We help the Producer with the preparation of a detailed and accurate production budget. We’ll also help calculate the cost of of a movie or media production, and assist in the development of a cashflow forecast to ensure the financial security of a project.
- Our accounts production team provide clarity for lenders and investors, through the cashflow forecast. This will assist in keeping your project on track, preventing budget blowouts.
- We can also assist with the preparation of Investor Reports, saving you time to focus on the creative aspects of the project.
- Our specialist accountants will also assist with the production of cost reports to help with budget spending. We can prepare the cost report for all stages of production, from pre-production, through production, to final cost report upon delivery.
- Weekly cost reports during pre-production and principal photography will help you to stay in control of your project and bring it to successful completion.
Preparation of finance plans for creative projects
- Raising finance for a media project is done concurrently with budgeting, and the finance plan must be equal to the budget.
- Accounting for film production costs involves a detailed look at the initial budget, and restructuring in a realistic and beneficial way. Good financial planning means your main focus is the project, while our expertise in film production accounting ensures it is well managed through financiers, completion guarantors, and the Producer’s Offset or other grants.
- Reduce industry risk by using film and TV accountants with experience and knowledge.
ASIC Reporting And Lodgements
- The Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) need to be notified of any change in the details of a business, or its directors and shareholders.
- We’ll guide you through annual reports and other compliance issues, ensuring the financial and legal safety of your business and projects.